Our Beginner’s soap making course is ideal for first timers to introduce you to soap making from the comfort of your home.
You can begin your soap-making journey, without the hassle of online research as I will walk you through the process.
This is a great value package that will save you hours of online searching and will allow you to start soap making in a fun and safe way with a beginner’s recipe that is easy to work with, making a soap that is mild and suitable for the whole family.
The course includes:
– A downloadable PDF comprehensive course handout, including:
- And introduction to the science of Soap Making
- How to use additives such as colours, botanicals, essential oils etc.
- Scenting your soap with fragrance oils or essential oils. How to make your own blend and how to know how much to use.
- A list of maximum recommended essential oil inclusion levels for soap.
- A comprehensive list of the most common oils used in soap making and their properties.
- Safety guidelines.
- Materials and equipment.
- Step by step soap making process.
- A beginners soap recipe with easy to read measurements as well as the original soap calculator formula.
- A list of best places to get your ingredients from in the U.K
- What you need to do to sell your soaps legally and why.
– A 50 min. video practical tutorial that you can access as many times as you need.
– 2 hour tuition (via Zoom). We will go through the contents of the handout, learn what soap is and how to choose your own oils to create a balanced formula. In this session you will have the opportunity to ask all the questions you may have, and cover exactly what you want to learn. Zoom will allow us to talk face to face and also screen share so I can guide you through the lye calculator and gain knowledge on formulating your own soaps.
Once you purchase your course you can download the handout and watch the practical soap making video and I will get in touch by email to make sure we can link with Zoom.
After the session you will feel confident to make a batch of soap at home.
Ingredients you will need to make the soap: Olive oil, coconut oil, water, sodium hydroxide (caustic soda) and your choice of essential oils or fragrances (must be suitable for soap making)
Equipment you will need: A hand blender, plastic bowl, plastic/silicone spatula, soap mould (an alternative plastic container or silicone mould can be found on eBay/Amazon), safety glasses and gloves.
I can help you sourcing the ingredients and equipment, just email me when you sign up for the course and I’ll go through the list with you.
Please note: strictly no refunds as this is a downloadable product. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Friday, 1st May 6-8pm (Fully Booked)
Saturday, 2nd May 4-6pm (Fully Booked)
Friday, 8th May 6-8pm (Fully Booked)
Saturday, 9th May 4-6pm (1 space left)
Saturday, 16th May 4-6pm
Saturday, 23th May 4-6pm
Please enquire for other dates and times.