LIVE ZOOM Beginners Soap Making Course
Learn the art of artisan soap making. Make beautiful, all-natural soaps.
The course takes place in a Live Zoom session and is are hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Our award winning soap making course is NOW available live online so you can take part from the comfort of your home.
The course is approximately 4 hours, 10am-14pm
In this course we will go through the whole process of soap making to empower aspiring soap makers to start their own business or simply to make their own natural soaps for home, friends and family.
You will make a batch of cold process soap (palm free and vegan) from scratch (around 8 soaps).
- A kit will be sent to your home (UK address only) with the ingredients you need, you will only need to buy olive oil and coconut oil from any supermarket, have a stick blender, spatula and bowl! And of course a good internet connection and access to Zoom
- You will receive a full comprehensive course handout with the recipe, instructions, a wealth of information, list of suppliers etc..
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
We also offer one to one business courses and corporate/group bookings on demand.
In the course you will learn.
- How to make traditional cold process soap.
- How to create your own scent blend from essential oils and colour your soap using clays, micas or activated charcoal.
- How to work safely with lye.
- How to formulate your own recipes using a lye calculator.
- The properties of soap making oils and why we use them.
- How to make a great bar of soap.
- An introduction about compliance, safety regulations and legalities when selling soaps.