LIVE ZOOM Candle Making Course
This is an ideal one day course for beginners in Candle making.
Learn the skills to create top quality, fragrant, natural candles you can feel really proud to burn in your home.
The course takes place in a Live Zoom session and is hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Our award winning candle making course is NOW available live online so you can take part from the comfort of your home.
You will receive a candle making kit at home and you will enjoy the Full course from home via Zoom.
The course is approximately 4 hours, 10am-14pm
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age.
In this course we will go through the whole process of candle making to empower aspiring chandlers to start their own candle business or simple to make their own candles for home, friends and family.
You will make a 30cl big candle and a smaller 12cl candle in a glass container scented with the highest quality fragrances made in the UK.
A kit will be sent to your home (UK adddress only) with the ingredients you need. You will need digital scales and something to melt your wax in a bain marie method, such as a pan and a pyrex or stainless steel jug. And of course, a good internet conection and access to Zoom!
In the course you will learn:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles you can give as presents or sell.
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.