This is an ideal one day course for beginners in Candle making who wish to make their own candles at home.
Learn the skills to create top quality, fragrant, natural candles you can feel really proud to burn in your home.
The comprehensive course is approximately 5 hours and takes place in a relaxed and friendly learning environment, courses are hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age.
In the course you will learn:
• About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
• You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
• How to burn a candle correctly.
• How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
• How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
• The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
• The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
• How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles you can give as presents or sell.
• An introduction about compliance and regulations pertaining to the sale of candles.
• About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
Enjoy and learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and take home your beautiful handmade soy wax candles, you will make a 30cl and a 12cl glass container candle.
We will finish the session with a delicious Afternoon Tea. Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian or vegan diets can be catered for.
Price £120 per person
Course times: 10am to 3pm
What is included in the price?
• All tools and equipment
• All materials to make 1 big and 1 small candle
• Course handout
• Refreshments and Afternoon Tea
You will take home the candles you make, a comprehensive course handout that includes a list of the best UK suppliers, guidance on selling candles and the confidence to make more candles in your own home!
For private sessions or One to One courses please see details and fees HERE
Upcoming group course dates 2021
• Saturday, 18th September 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
• Saturday, 23th October 2021, 10am-3pm (St John the evangelist Church Hall, Parkhill Road, Bexley)
• Saturday, 6th November 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
• Saturday, 4th December 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
The course venue is in Bexley, Kent which means we are easy to get to from London, Kent, Essex and East Sussex. We are just a couple of minutes walk from Bexley train station (zone 6 on Oyster Card), with regular trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. Bus 269 and 132 stop just outside. Bus B12, 229 and 492 stop nearby. We are just off the A2 and near the M25.
Buying this course as a gift?
Why don’t you treat someone to a candle making course. You can buy a gift voucher here
Do you want to start a profitable Candle Making Business? Book a 121 course day with Paula here