Learn candle making in a private course with award winner Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co. Paula will walk you through the whole process of candle making and explain the steps you will need to follow to start a candle making business.
To book a private or 1to1 session at a time to suit you please email Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org
1 person £400
2 person £600
3 person £700
Who is this course suitable for?
• You want to learn on your own and don’t want to be in a group
• You want to learn as much as possible in one day
• You have never made candles before and want to go through each step at your own pace
• You have made candles before but have lots of questions
• You want to start a business and want someone to explain each step in an easy to understand way *
*Please note that this is a course for beginners, therefore further research, testing and practice will be needed by the student to be able to start a business.
In the course you will learn:
• About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
• You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
• How to burn a candle correctly.
• How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
• How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
• The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
• The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
• How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles you can give as presents or sell.
• About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
• About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
• Marketing your products
• Cost and pricing
• You will be taught everything you need to know to comply with current legislation
• Good manufacturing practice, labelling requirements, CLP etc..
The course includes all materials, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Why sign up to a 1to1 course with me?
I have built my business from scratch combining my job in the city with my love for artisan products. I made this possible with dedication, passion, perseverance and hard work.
I found soap and candle making a very therapeutic way to escape from the daily stresses of working in finance and a great life balance.
I love helping others achieve their goals, whether you are working full time, part time, on furlough or unemployed there is always time to learn a new skill and the possibility to run a business that fits into your lifestyle.
I am an accountant specialised in budgeting and forecasting with an Honours Degree in International Business Administration and an Honours Degree in Business Studies. I enjoy teaching others and help them along their soap making journeys.
“If you are serious about candle making look no further, what an experience. I arrived with no knowledge or experience on candle making and came out with a wealth of information and very confident I can make my own candles and start my little candle business.
I would recommend this course 100%.“ Lauren
read more reviews here