Learn the art of artisan soap making. Make beautiful, all-natural soaps.
The course takes place in a relaxed and friendly learning environment, courses are hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Our soap making classes are small so you will get personalised attention while getting hands on experience.
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age to participate.
We also offer one to one courses and group bookings on demand.
In the course you will learn.
- How to make traditional cold process soap.
- How to create your own scent blend from essential oils and colour your soap using clays, micas or activated charcoal.
- How to work safely with lye.
- How to formulate your own recipes using a soap calculator.
- The properties of soap making oils and why we use them.
- How to make a great bar of soap.
- An introduction about compliance, safety regulations and legalities when selling soaps.
You will make a batch of soap (palm oil free, approx 8 bars) to take home with you at the end of the day.
We will finish the session with a delicious Afternoon Tea. Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian or vegan diets can be catered for.
Course times: 10am to 3pm
What is included in the price?
The course includes equipment, all ingredients, protective equipment, refreshments and afternoon tea.
You will take home a selection of soaps you make, a beginners recipe, course notes and the confidence to make soap at home on your own!
Please bring long sleeve clothing.
Upcoming dates 2020
- Saturday, 16th May 2020, 10am-3pm (St John The Evangelist Church Hall, Parkhill Road, Bexley DA5 1HX)
- Sunday, 14th June 2020, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Sunday, 13th September 2020, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Saturday, 3rd October 2020, 10am-3pm (St John The Evangelist Church Hall, Parkhill Road, Bexley DA5 1HX)
- Sunday, 15th November 2020, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Saturday, 5th December 2020, 10am-3pm (St John The Evangelist Church Hall, Parkhill Road, Bexley DA5 1HX)
Please enquire for private sessions or group bookings email@example.com
The course venue is in Bexley, Kent which means we are easy to get to from London, Kent, Essex and East Sussex. We are just a few minutes walk from Bexley train station (zone 6 on Oyster Card), with regular trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. Bus 269 and 132 stop just outside. Bus B12, 229 and 492 stop nearby. We are just off the A2 and close to the M25.
How to Book
Please click the “Book Course” button to book your chosen date. After your booking is complete you will receive an enrolment form with further details.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for other dates, 1to1 sessions or private group bookings.
Please read our Courses terms and conditions here
Soap Making Course with Afternoon Tea in Bexley (Kent) – London
Please read our terms and conditions HERE
Buying this course as a gift?
Why don’t you treat someone to a soap making course. You can buy a gift voucher here
“I was really looking forward to this course once I booked; it was even better than I could have dreamt. I had a wonderful day and learnt so much. This course stands out, as not only do you make soaps but Paula goes through the whole process from start to finish and more.
Paula is a wonderful host and teacher; so enthusiastic and helpful. The lunch/afternoon tea provided was lovely and homemade (very impressed with the scones!).
Paula was very thorough with her teaching of the soap making process so if you want to carry on at home, you can do so safely. She went through the properties of all the oils that can be used and when/how you might want to adjust her recipe. She also covered legislation around product safety, using essential oils, registrations etc. So if you are wanting to sell your own soaps you have a great starting point.
Love, love, loved it! . Samantha Briscoe “
“Fantastic day and well worth the money. Paula was extremely helpful teaching me the calculation with the soap making, best suppliers, ingredients to use for particular requirements and expert tips!
All of these have saved me hours of research time on the internet. Overall, great day and would 100% recommend this to anyone who just fancies making soap for home use or anyone who would like to take it further.” Katherine Isabel Roynon-Lambert
“This is an excellent course and I would certainly recommend it to anyone wanting to learn how to make soap. Paula is a very knowledgeable and friendly tutor. She makes you feel very welcome indeed. The course is very comprehensive and you leave feeling confident that you can go home and safely make your own soap bars.
There’s also a delicious homemade spread waiting for you at the end of the session, which you’ll be ready for!.” Lucy
Read more reviews here