Beginners Candle Making Course with Afternoon Tea
This is a perfect introduction for beginners to soy candle-making.
Learn the skills to create top quality, fragrant, natural candles you can feel really good about burning in your home.
The courses are approximately 4 hour sessions and take place in a relaxed and friendly learning environment, courses are hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age.
In the course you will learn:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making .
- You will learn about wick types
- How to burn a candle correctly
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
Enjoy and learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and take home your beautiful handmade soy wax candles, you will make a 30cl and a 15cl glass container candle.
We will finish the session with a delicious Afternoon Tea.
What is included in the price?
- All tools and equipment
- All materials to make 1 big and 1 small candle
- Refreshments and Afternoon Tea
You will take home the candles you make, a list of the best UK suppliers and the confidence to make more candles in your own home.
Saturday, 12th October 19, 10:00-14:00 (FULLY BOOKED)
Friday, 1st November 19, 10:00-14:00
Please enquire for other dates and times, 1to1 sessions or group bookings firstname.lastname@example.org
The course venue is in Bexley, Kent which means we are easy to get to from London, Kent, Essex and East Sussex. We are just a few minutes walk from Bexley train station (zone 6 on Oyster Card), with regular trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. Bus 269 and 132 stop just outside. Bus B12, 229 and 492 stop nearby. We are just off the A2 and near the M25.
How to Book
Please click the “Book Course” button to book your chosen date. After booking is complete you will receive an enrolment form with further information and exact venue address in Bexley
Candle Making Course with Afternoon Tea
Email email@example.com for other dates or group booking.
“The candle making class was amazing. A great and informative session with practical application. Thank you so much Paula for a good time! I’d recommend this course to everyone!” Tosin Ogunseyinde.
“A huge thank you to Paula, who was able to give me 1-2-1 tuition on candle making.
A lovely host/teacher.
A lovely environment.
I was impressed with the detailed explanation that was given, and the useful list of recommended suppliers.
I have already made my order and ready to make my natural Soy based candles for family and friends.
I recommend this course to any one who fancies doing something creative for themselves.
I will keep you posted on my progress.
I can’t wait to get making my own brand.
Thanks Paula, you’re a gem. 🙂 “ Marina Mir