This is an ideal one day course for beginners in Candle making.
Learn the skills to create top quality, fragrant, natural candles you can feel really proud to burn in your home.
The courses are approximately 5 hour sessions and take place in a relaxed and friendly learning environment, courses are hosted by Paula, founder of Old Bexley Soap Co.
Adults only, you must be at least 18 years of age.
In the course you will learn:
- About the different type of waxes and their differences in candle making.
- You will learn about wick types and how to wick your candle correctly.
- How to burn a candle correctly.
- How to make your own soy wax container candles using soy wax.
- How to scent your candles from a selection of the highest quality fragrances in the UK.
- The variety of ingredients needed to make a natural candle, how to select and where to source them.
- The equipment required to make your own candles, a tutorial on how to use it safely and effectively, as well as where you can purchase it.
- How to conduct burn tests to produce safe and fragrant candles you can give as presents or sell.
- About compliance and regulations pertaining the sale of candles.
- About the best suppliers for your ingredients.
Enjoy and learn in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere and take home your beautiful handmade soy wax candles, you will make a 30cl and a 15cl glass container candle.
We will finish the session with a delicious Afternoon Tea. Gluten free, dairy free, vegetarian or vegan diets can be catered for.
Price £120 per person
Course times: 10am to 3pm
What is included in the price?
- All tools and equipment
- All materials to make 1 big and 1 small candle
- Refreshments and Afternoon Tea
You will take home the candles you make, a comprehensive course handout that includes a list of the best UK suppliers, guidance on selling candles and the confidence to make more candles in your own home!
For private sessions or One to One courses please see details and fees HERE
Upcoming group course dates 2021
- Sunday, 25th April 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Sunday, 23rd May 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Saturday, 19th June 2021 (10am-3pm (St. John the Evangelist, Parkhill Road, Bexley DA5 1HX)
- Saturday, 3rd July 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
- Saturday, 18th September 2021, 10am-3pm (Freemantle Hall, 51-75 Bexley High Street, DA5 1AA)
The course venue is in Bexley, Kent which means we are easy to get to from London, Kent, Essex and East Sussex. We are just a couple of minutes walk from Bexley train station (zone 6 on Oyster Card), with regular trains from London Bridge, Waterloo East, Charing Cross and Cannon Street. Bus 269 and 132 stop just outside. Bus B12, 229 and 492 stop nearby. We are just off the A2 and near the M25.
How to Book
Please click the “Book Course” button to book your chosen date. After booking is complete you will receive an enrolment form with further information.
Please read our Courses terms and conditions here
Candle Making Course with Afternoon Tea in Bexley (Kent) – London
Please read our terms and conditions HERE
Buying this course as a gift?
Why don’t you treat someone to a candle making course. You can buy a gift voucher here
“The day was a wonderful gift from my sister. I had no expectations and had the most wonderful inspirational time. I met some absolutely lovely people from all walks of life and individual life experiences which I found very humbling. Paula was welcoming and extremely organised. Her step by step guide throughout the day enabled all of us to follow her instructions to the tee and produce the most wonderful candles. We grew in confidence as the day unravelled. I definitely think we will all be starting up our own businesses ha ha! I would recommend Paula and The Old Bexley Soap Co. in a heartbeat. And really looking forward to joining her again at one of her courses.” Anita Brightley-Hodges
“I have been wanting to do a candle making course for a while and found this course in Bexley with Paula as the host. She was very friendly and welcoming. I have learnt so much from this course and feel much more confident knowing how to make a good and safe candle. Paula gave us a pack to take home which included information for selling candles as well as suppliers lists and how to make the candles we had made on the course. I had a great day and it was nice to meet new people as well. The afternoon tea was lovely and Paula was more than happy to keep making us all tea, coffees etc through out the course. I will definitely recommend this course to anyone who wanted to learn about candles. I am looking forward to starting my journey in candle making.” :)Sarah
“This course was great for me as I was just setting up my business. It’s obvious that Paula knows the candle making industry in depth and answered every question with great thought. Paula was very helpful with which wax I should use for my business, explaining the different types and talking about the newest waxes on the market. This course is suitable for complete beginners as well as people already making candles. Not only did I learn a lot from the day, it was also great fun! I’m very fond of the two great smelling candles I made and bought home with me! Lunch was lovely too! I would recommend this course to everyone!” Freddie
Do you want to start a profitable Candle Making Business? Book a 121 course day with Paula here